Decibel was used to measure the sound of super sports cars on the Season Premiere of the BBC hit show Top Gear! We are VERY proud of this! The UK top gadget site “Pocket Lint” wrote about this here: http://tiny.cc/topgear28
Since it’s release, Decibel has been one of the Top Paid apps all over the world, including:
UK, Germany, Ireland, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Austria, Luxembourg, Brazil, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Portugal and more!
*** MacWorld Review of Decibel! ***
Decibel was just reviewed by MacWorld (29/4) and received 4 out of 5 stars in a very nice review. Check it out here (Swedish content):
*** Breaking News! ***
Decibel was featured in the BBC show Panorama – The World’s longest running investigative TV show on April 20! The host Quentin Letts use Decibel on his iPhone to measure decibel levels in regards to UK’s health and safety regulations. Check it out on http://tinyurl.com/decibelonbbc
*** iPod Touch users! ***
Please note that the iPod Touch doesn’t have a built in mic! You will need an iPhone Headset or similar to be able to use Decibel. Most of the bad reviews are due to this fact. So please don’t judge Decibel based on that. Thank you!
Have you ever wondered how loud a sound is? Screaming kids, a rock concert, sport fans screaming? Wonder no more. Measure it with Decibel!
– Analog decibel meter
– Digital meter with average, peak and max decibel
– A clean interface
– Support for turning upside down!
– Reset the Max value by tapping on it!
– Works for 2nd Generation iPod Touch (if using a iPhone headset with microphone)
– Support for disabling sleep mode
* Even though we have tested Decibel with professional grade equipment with good results, this application is for recreational use only. iPhone 3G is recommended since it has a better performing microphone than the first generation iPhone.