ASHRAE 62.2 . . . “applies to spaces intended for human occupancy within single-family houses and multi-family structures of three stories or fewer above grade, including manufactured and modular houses.” (ASHRAE 62.2-2007 and 62.2-2010, page 2.)
· Math-on-the-Fly, allowing you to calculate results within an input box, for example, you can calculate volume by entering 40*25*8. Press “Done” and the answer appears in the input box! You may use addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, or exponents.
· Reporting feature allows you to e-mail a report of your entries and results back to your office or to the client.
· The weather factors – over 200 – for the U.S. and Canada are included on a picker list for easy selection. These factors are from ASHRAE Standard 136, A Method of Determining Air Change Rates in
· Slider controls for the easy entry of most data. The slider controls allow you to quickly perform “what-if” analysis, such as finding the measured leakage rate at which the whole-building
ventilation requirement becomes zero. You can set the slider control ranges.
· Whole-building mechanical airflow requirement result is displayed on each input screen so you can view the instantaneous result of your input changes.
· Fan Run-Time Tool for finding the number of minutes per hour your whole-building fan must operate.
· Calculation of the infiltration credit for Standards 62.2-2007 and 62.2-2010 using ASHRAE Standards 119, Air Leakage Performance for Detached Single-Family Residential Buildings; and 136, A Method of Determining Air Change Rates in Detached Dwellings. The infiltration credit is needed for determining the whole-building ventilation rates in existing dwellings.
· Alternative Compliance Tool allows you to determine the alternative compliance supplement used for existing dwellings when using Standard 62.2-2010. You may select up to five bathrooms for this
procedure. This compliance path is found in Appendix A of the 62.2-2010 standard.
· When creating a new project, you may use the included default project or any other existing project as the basis for your new one. The number of projects is only limited by the memory of your hardware.
· The global settings allow you to choose ASHRAE 62.2-2007 or ASHRAE 62.2-2010 for complete whole-building ventilation compliance with either. You may also select IP or SI units for your calculations.
· A full report of your entered data and results may be e-mailed from your iPhone, iPod, or iPad.
· Includes a comprehensive help screen.